17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 9:14 AM by memo_66

Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready

orgCrisium Level 1

I get this message outputed in my console:

Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready

The message isn't very informative nor are there can I find any instructions/documentation about it. Some googling has given me suggestions to upgrade to the newest StatusBar which it already is.

There are no visual defects or code breakage because of this error... but it does say it is an "Error". An Error usually means it MUST be fixed.

So what do I do?

Peter

• 1. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
          kerrishotts Adobe Community Professional

How are you running your app, and on what platforms? Have you sourced "cordova.js" in your HTML file, and are you waiting for "deviceready"?

• 2. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
            aarong49619446

I have exactly the same error regarding the statusbar error.

I was going through the Push Notification tutorial on Phonegap website.

I am using browser http://localhost:3000 as the "device"

"cordova.js" in in the index.html

The status bar error occurs before the Device Ready event is fired. I am not sure what is calling the Statusbar

Registration works, but when I send a push using gcm, I get 504 error, Gateway Timeout...

• 3. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
              orgCrisium Level 1

My app is being running in a test environment on my pc (windows 10) using chrome.

yes cordova.js is included.

yes I'm waiting for the deviceready.

var app = {

initialize: function() {

this.bindEvents();

},

bindEvents: function() {

document.addEventListener('deviceready', this.onDeviceReady, false);

},

onDeviceReady: function() {

// cache

$.when(

updateTeamInfoCache(),

springmekka(),

gymnasts(),

calendar()

).done(function(){

debug();

splashscreen();

holdene();

holdinfo();

skillinfo();

registration();

registration_new_player();

registration_success();

registration_already_member();

registration_mobilepay();

//createorder();

//finalization();

});

},

};

• 4. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready

And how are you testing in your browser? Using PhoneGap Desktop, "phonegap serve", or something else?

Notice that (according to the tutorial) in order to test push, you'll need to be using the PhoneGap Developer App; the browser can not be used to test that feature.

• 5. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                  orgCrisium Level 1

I'm not using push or anything like that.

peter

• 6. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                    simon.macdonald Adobe Employee

What version of the StatusBar plugin are you using? The bug you describe should have been fixed on May 16, 2016.

• 7. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                      hollyschinsky Adobe Employee

It sounds like you're both running in the browser platform but it would be helpful to know if you're running via the CLI with a phonegap serve command or via the PhoneGap Desktop app. There was a problem in older versions of this plugin when running on the browser platform but it was patched  in this commit around version 2.2.0 so first make sure you definitely have the latest plugin. The error your seeing is most likely due to your environment missing the StatusBarProxy.js or the patch for the missing _ready handler in your version of statusbar.js.

To Verify...

1. Look into your project under the browser platform at these locations

MyApp/platforms/browser/www/plugins/cordova-plugin-statusbar/src/browser/StatusBarProxy.j s

MyApp/platforms/browser/www/plugins/cordova-plugin-statusbar/www/statusbar.js

2. Or locate them in the running code within the browser like I have expanded in this screenshot

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.34.48 PM.png

3. Compare yours to the patched files.

To Fix...

If you have the CLI installed, you could run the following:

1. 1st check the cordova-status-bar-plugin version that is output with

phonegap plugin list

Assuming it prints the latest version you thought you were using, then try each of these (in order):

2. Remove and re-add the plugin ensuring you use the --save flag

phonegap plugin remove cordova-plugin-statusbar --save

phonegap plugin add   cordova-plugin-statusbar --save

3.  remove the browser platform and run serve again

phonegap platform remove browser

phonegap serve

If the above still doesn't work then try remove and re-add the browser platform manually before serving

phonegap platform remove browser

phonegap platform add browser

phonegap serve

With the PhoneGap Desktop app...

1. Create a new project based on any default

2. Navigate to the default project created and replace the config.xml file & www folder with yours from the root of your old project

*** double check to make sure you're not specifying an older version of the cordova-plugin-statusbar in your config.xml or it will grab an old one. ***

3. Go back to the Desktop app and run/serve the new project.

The results of having the fix should show a "StatusBar  is not supported" message in the console like the screenshot I pasted in above:

Thanks,

Holly

3 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                        aarong49619446 Level 1

Hi Holly,

My statusbar version is 2.1.3, I think it came with the push template.

I am using phonegap-cli, used phonegap serve

I tried it out on the Phonegap Developer App and it works, so as you have mentioned, it will not work on the browser and I will leave it as that.

When I use the Phonegap Developer App, I do not see the status bar error anymore. Thanks for taking the time to explain things.

I am trying to get FCM to work next if possible, if not I have to fall back to using GCM for the push notifications

• 9. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready

Hey Aaron, I'm working on FCM support with the push plugin. The test server has been updated to send via FCM and I have a branch of the push plugin v2.0.x which uses FCM so official support should be out soon.

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready

Oh and the bug with Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready was fixed in version 2.2.0 of the status bar plugin.

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                              aarong49619446 Level 1

Looking forward to it...

I managed to get GCM PN working, I had to run on android device and capture the registration ID by posting it to another site... then use that ID together with node-gcm to send

• 12. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                                mariannaatplay

I also had the same error. When I checked the version of the Status Bar I got this:

cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.1.3 "StatusBar"

Removing and re-installing it brought it to

cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.2.3 "StatusBar"

Not sure why I had an old version - just installed PhoneGap CLI yesterday....

But now instead of the original error msg I am getting this log:

StatusBar is not supported

Is this how i's supposed to be?

I am using phonegap serve

• 13. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready

Are you using phonegap serve in conjunction with the PhoneGap Developer App?

• 14. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                                    Jared Ivory Level 1

I'm having this same issue. I started a new PhoneGap project using CLI and it had cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.1.3 "StatusBar" by default. I removed and reinstalled, and now have cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.2.3 "StatusBar". I too am getting StatusBar is not supported and used phonegap serve.

• 15. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                                      CreativeArtDesign

I have the same problem but not with this plugin

[phonegap] [console.log] Persistent fs quota granted

[phonegap] 200 /img/splash.png

[phonegap] 200 /all_events.xml

[phonegap] [console.log] StatusBar is not supported

[phonegap] [console.log] Error: exec proxy not found for :: VolumeControl :: getVolume

[phonegap] [console.log] Error: exec proxy not found for :: VolumeControl :: toggleMute

[phonegap] [console.log] Error: exec proxy not found for :: VolumeControl :: isMuted

[phonegap] [console.log] Error: exec proxy not found for :: VolumeControl :: setVolume

[phonegap] [console.log] Device Ready...

• 16. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                                        surajpindoria Adobe Employee

If you are testing on the browser then you will see "StatusBar is not supported" because there is no implementation there. Try testing on a device either by using the PhoneGap Developer App or by installing the binary to your device.

• 17. Re: Error: exec proxy not found for :: StatusBar :: _ready
                                          memo_66

I have also just encountered this error. I have created a new project via desktop app, with the Framework7 template. Following the lead in your post, I checked the generated config.xml and found these lines:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-whitelist" spec="~1.2.0" />
                                          <plugin name="cordova-plugin-console" spec="~1.0.1" />
                                          <plugin name="cordova-plugin-statusbar" spec="~1.0.1" />

I guess the template needs updating ;-)

Probably the best thing would be to NOT specify any version, or at least choose a newer one, but I'm totally new to PhoneGap, so I might be wrong.