• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import a video clip, it's blown up to a huge size every time

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't used to have this problem, and I don't remember changing any settings.  It all started when I imported a png of a projection-mapping layout (exported from Madmapper) so that I could work with it in AE.  When I did that, the preview window showed a hugely blown-up image, and transforming it manually to fit the screen didn't work. Now, AE distorts everything I try importing--even mov clips where I had no issues with size before.  Has anyone had this issue? How did you fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

You have the composition view set at 200%. Look at the drop-down at the bottom-left of the composition window to change it to "Fit" or "100%".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us some screenshots and provide system information and Ae version full numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am running AE CC 2015.3.  If you look at the screenshot, the preview shows only part of the entire drum kit (this is just sample footage to show as an example) The left-hand thumbnail at the top shows what the entire image is supposed to look like.Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 7.09.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the composition view set at 200%. Look at the drop-down at the bottom-left of the composition window to change it to "Fit" or "100%".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Horshack.  funny I don't remember putting it on that setting, but this has happened before so I should've guessed lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your mouse is over the composition window and you hit the scroll wheel, it zooms. Handy feature unless you do it by accident without realizing you've done it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This solved the problem with videos, but I am still having the problem with still images (png) even though the settings are on "fit". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to scale your images down smaller to fit inside your composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am still having the problem with still images (png) even though the settings are on "fit".

maybe the still is bigger than the size of your composition? right click on the layer, choose transform, you will see options to fit to comp, fit to comp height, fit to comp width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines