Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download pictures lossless from web gallery

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I normally share my pictures to friends using the Nikon Image Space, but as i use Lr CC I tried out the web service and shared a collection of photos. When exporting one of the photos to my hard drive using 85 % quality the file size was about 10 MB. I shared my photos on the web with 100 % quality, but when downloading this picture the file size was only 1 MB. Is is possible to share the pictures lossless as in Nikon Image Space?

Best regards,

Tommy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

In doing so the original file size measures in MB's the downloaded file measures in KB's.  Is this something to be concerned about?

The photos you can download from Lightroom Mobile are indeed smaller files than the originals.

If a client wanted full resolution should i find a different way to give that to them?

yes, something like Dropbox or similar cloud service would allow the photos to be full resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact Web Service from Adobe are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know about this as well.  I use LR CC and at home on my desktop I will load files to sync with my mobile device and to share the collection as a link at my office to download photos.  In doing so the original file size measures in MB's the downloaded file measures in KB's.  Is this something to be concerned about?  If a client wanted full resolution should i find a different way to give that to them? I realize image size deals with pixels yet a file that could be 5-15 MB's in size may only be in the KB's when I DL the sucker elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In doing so the original file size measures in MB's the downloaded file measures in KB's.  Is this something to be concerned about?

The photos you can download from Lightroom Mobile are indeed smaller files than the originals.

If a client wanted full resolution should i find a different way to give that to them?

yes, something like Dropbox or similar cloud service would allow the photos to be full resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines