3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 6:16 AM by dj_paige

Download pictures lossless from web gallery

capture time

Hello!

I normally share my pictures to friends using the Nikon Image Space, but as i use Lr CC I tried out the web service and shared a collection of photos. When exporting one of the photos to my hard drive using 85 % quality the file size was about 10 MB. I shared my photos on the web with 100 % quality, but when downloading this picture the file size was only 1 MB. Is is possible to share the pictures lossless as in Nikon Image Space?

Best regards,

Tommy

• 1. Re: Download pictures lossless from web gallery
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

What exact Web Service from Adobe are you talking about?

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Download pictures lossless from web gallery
            scratch1019

I would like to know about this as well.  I use LR CC and at home on my desktop I will load files to sync with my mobile device and to share the collection as a link at my office to download photos.  In doing so the original file size measures in MB's the downloaded file measures in KB's.  Is this something to be concerned about?  If a client wanted full resolution should i find a different way to give that to them? I realize image size deals with pixels yet a file that could be 5-15 MB's in size may only be in the KB's when I DL the sucker elsewhere.

• 3. Re: Download pictures lossless from web gallery
              dj_paige Level 9

In doing so the original file size measures in MB's the downloaded file measures in KB's.  Is this something to be concerned about?

The photos you can download from Lightroom Mobile are indeed smaller files than the originals.

If a client wanted full resolution should i find a different way to give that to them?

yes, something like Dropbox or similar cloud service would allow the photos to be full resolution