• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Acrobat Standard DC does not launch

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Acrobat Standard DC (2015 release, standalone, activated in October 2015) had been working properly.  A couple of days ago, when I tried to open a .pdf file, a dialogue box popped up requiring me to sign in.  After I signed in, another dialogue box popped up requiring me to subscribe.  It did not allow me to open any files.

I uninstalled the software and then reinstalled it with my original serial number.  The re-installation was successful.  But, the software did not launch.  When I clicked the icon, no response at all.

As I tried to run the software as administer from Acrobat Distiller DC, an error message popped up saying, "Your request could not be completed.  Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated."

As far as I understand, the license that I purchased is not a subscription version, and obviously it was already activated.  I would like to know what causes this problem and how to resolve it.  Thanks for your help!

Additional information:  The above-mentioned dialogue box that required me to subscribe was to subscribed to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, not the one that I have (Standard DC).

Message was edited

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the version installed, from Help > About. The full numbers please ef 2015.1234.40024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open my Acrobat Standard DC at all.  When I clicked the icon, there was no response whatsoever.  Therefore, I cannot check the version installed from Help > About.  However, from my computer's Control Panel > Programs, it shows that the version installed is 15.006.30033.  Thanks.

I have also checked my Adobe account for product registration information.  It shows that the version was 12 at the time of its registration in October 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS? If it's Windows, try using this tool and then reinstalling the application:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  My OS is Windows 10.  That cleaner tool does not help.  After cleaning and reinstalling the application, I still cannot launch the application, no response whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issues. How did you resolve yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines