5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 8:28 AM by johne25614621

Lens Profiles disappeared

perroboy

I have been using Lightroom 5 for years and, as a Sony r7 manual lens aficionado, made constant use of the manual lens profile corrections.

However, I recently updated to 5.7.1 and now most of my lens profiles have disappeared in the lens profile list except for a few basic ones, the lenses of which I neither own nor use (see screenshot).

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 6.47.38 AM.png

When I look under Library>Application Support>Adobe>CameraRaw>LensProfiles the profiles I want are still there, they just don't show up in the menu (above) any longer (see screenshot at bottom).

Any ideas of what I could do? Is Camera Raw the culprit? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Doug

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 6.51.44 AM.png

• 1. Re: Lens Profiles disappeared
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Please refer the below discussion.

supported lens profiles are missing

Regards,

Mohit

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lens Profiles disappeared
            perroboy Level 1

Thanks, Mohit, but I've read through all of that. I'm not sure what you thought I should glean from it. I'm not referring to customized or newly created profiles, but the profiles I have been using since I first purchased Lightroom.

Take, for instance, the Voigtlander 15mm for Leica M. Even though it is still currently located in Library>Application Support>Adobe>CameraRaw>LensProfiles>1.0>Voigtlander AND Applications>Lightroom>Contents>Resources>LensProfiles>1.0>Voigtlander

it no longer shows up in the menu I posted the screenshot of in my first post.

Before 5.7.(1) it did.

Doug

• 3. Re: Lens Profiles disappeared
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Are you working on a RAW file or a JPG file? The lens corrections are mostly for RAW files.

• 4. Re: Lens Profiles disappeared
                perroboy Level 1

Yes, RAW dng from my Sony r7 (I stated that I have been using the lens correction profiles for years. How could I have done that with JPG files?)

Also, I just purchased the Lightroom 6 upgrade, and the problem persists.

Could this have something to do with Camera RAW? There was an update in Dec I believe, and there's a chance I hadn't noticed between then and now.

Doug

• 5. Re: Lens Profiles disappeared
                  johne25614621

I had the same issue. They were there, then I updated LR - still on 6, just a later version. Then most of my lenses were missing! I jumped straight to an assumption that, although Adobe updater reported all was up to date, I should install latest Adobe Camera RAW. This is 9.1.1 for LR6 at present. Ran the install on my mac, opened LR and all fixed!