1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2017 12:06 PM by Captiv8r

One Project - Four TOCs - Four Outputs with some shared topics

jigneshs24552355 Level 1

Hi,

I have four TOCs: A, B, C, and D.

For example, A contains 10 topics, B contain 7 topics, C contains 3 topics, and D contains 3 topics. Some topics are shared between TOCs.

Now, when I am generating a chm for TOC A, the TOC appears fine. From the Search tab in the chm, if I do a search with some common words like and, the, and so forth, the search result displays also topics that are part of the other TOCs (may be B, C, or D). Is there a way to stop these topics of other TOCs to appear in the serach result?

I need this because all the TOCs are for different customers and some topics should be hidden from each other.

Please let me know if it requires more clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Jignesh

• 1. Re: One Project - Four TOCs - Four Outputs with some shared topics
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Ideally, you would define Conditional Build Tags (CBT) for each of the builds and use a build expression to ensure the undesired topics are excluded. But there does exist a feature in recent versions of RoboHelp that allows you to produce output related to only the TOC being used.

When you are looking at the settings for the output (The recipe card, if you will) there is a feature there.

bc2.png

What version of RoboHelp are you using? (Sorry, but my crystal ball is broken and I have no way of determining if your version of RoboHelp may support this feature.)

Additionally, note that if the undesired topics are referenced in any way (perhaps a link from a different topic, or an index term) then this won't work. That's why I said a CBT with a Build Expression is a better approach.

Cheers... Rick