• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character not showing up in scene

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adobe illustrator file that I have structured exactly the way red monster is. I imported it into characte animator and it opens fine in the puppet window but when I try to put the puppet into a scene the layer shows up in the timeline window at the bottom, but nothing is on screen. If I import red guy into the same scene he shows up and animates just fine.

I have compared every setting/check box between the two and I can't see any difference. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

If you zoom out in the Scene panel (use the zoom control in the lower-right corner of the panel) do you see your content outside of the scene bounds? If so, something to do with the placement within the artboard, or where 0,0 is?

If not, are you able to share a link to the AI file for us to diagnose?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom out in the Scene panel (use the zoom control in the lower-right corner of the panel) do you see your content outside of the scene bounds? If so, something to do with the placement within the artboard, or where 0,0 is?

If not, are you able to share a link to the AI file for us to diagnose?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was indeed the problem, I am now having an issue figuring out how to move the origin in relation to the image... it seems like their are multiple origin points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each group in the Puppet panel has its own origin. You should be able to move the origin without affecting the layers within it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines