• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to scan an old typed document, and end up with a .doc file

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several old journals, typed on an 1970 typewriter. I want to digitize these. I suppose I can scan them into Acrobat, creating a pdf file. But how do I get them into a doc file with having to retype them? OCC? Then what? I can't figure this one out.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I meant OCR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on the right track.  A typewritten page that is scanned to a PDF will initially be an image-based document.  Luckily Acrobat Pro has the OCR process built in, and it can do a very nice job of converting images of words into searchable, and for your needs, exportable text.  If you have Acrobat Pro DC, you can find the OCR feature (actually called Recognize Text) in the Enhance Scans tool set.  Once you run this process (and it may actually be set to run automatically when you scan), you can then click File>Export to>Microsoft Word.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem now is the software will recognize my scanner, but will not scan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to poke around the scanner settings in Acrobat.  With some scanners, you will have better luck asking Acrobat to "Show scanner's user interface".  Others wok well by letting Adobe handle the scanning process without calling the scanner manufacturer's interface.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We would like to help you in the issue you are facing.Please share some required information:

1) Acrobat DC Pro version information

2) Operating System

For primary troubleshooting at your end you can use these steps:

Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat

Thanks,

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, that is what I am looking for... I was looking for OCR, not Recognize Text. Let me take that route. Thanks

Yes, I have Adobe Acrobat DC, specifically for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines