• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Amazon ending CC Photography subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email from Amazon today:

Hello,

Thank you for subscribing to Adobe software through Amazon.

As an Adobe subscriber, we wanted to let you know that the publisher has decided to discontinue monthly Adobe software subscriptions on Amazon.

Your current subscription to the Adobe software is unaffected, and you may continue using it in accordance with your current license expiration, or March, 2018 at the latest. Please note that this offering is no longer available to new subscribers, and if your subscription is cancelled for any reason, you will not be able to re-subscribe.

We do have a new selection of pay up front products available to replace your current monthly subscription. You can see the assortment of new selections here:

https://www.amazon.com/adobesubscriptions

Thank for you being an Amazon customer.

Doesn't tell me much about what's going on or what my options REALLY are other than to buy something else from Adobe through Amazon.  Anyone have any additional background on what's going on?

thx.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems clear to me:  The CC Photography plan is an annual subscription.  Adobe offers 12 monthly payments or 1 annual payment.  Amazon used to offer the same, but now they only offer the 1 annual payment option.

I suspect it was the confusion about the 12-monthly payments for an annual subscription (reality) vs a monthly subscription (never offered), where the problem arose when people wanted to cancel their annual subscription thinking it was a monthly subscription and were hit with a cancellation penalty they didn't expect.  The ill will due to customers' expectations vs reality and extra customer-service work for a partial-year cancellation was probably more than Amazon wanted to deal with going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines