I'm working on updating menus for an entire region of a franchise restaurant. They have a lot of stores with varying prices so I've compiled a spreadsheet with each store and their prices and I'm attempting to data merge them into the master menu. However when I actually merge MOST of the fields come out blank (despite being populated in the CSV).
I checked for unwanted spaces, blank columns, anything I think would cause weird syntax errors. Almost all of the data is not showing up but I'm not getting any errors. The weird thing is that the address block will merge (which pulls from 4 different cells), then there will be a blank set of pages, then the next set will be the next row of data; so Page 1 will have Row 1 from the CSV (but only certain fields), Page 2 will be completely blank, and Page 3 will have the data from Row 2.
I have found the answer: One column of cells had consistent returns after each entry. I couldn't see these returns in Numbers unless I double-clicked on each cell individually (you could also see these returns if you opened the csv in a program that can "Show Invisibles".