3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 10:08 AM by arisaigfh

Checking cards - suspected duplicates.

arisaigfh

Hi - I used to check all sd cards before formatting by hitting import and seeing them grey out and showing as 0 files.  Now it looks happy to insert files until I cancel and ask it to import again before it recognises that the files already exist in LR.  Any suggestions?  Just taking so much longer to check and format used cards and never feeling I completely trust it.  Thanks

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

• 1. Re: Checking cards - suspected duplicates.
          Michael J. Hoffman Adobe Community Professional

Hi arisaigfh,

This sounds very strange to me. Can I confirm your process?

1. You insert the card and choose "Import" in Lightroom.

2. You have selected the option "Don't import suspected duplicates."

3. All images appear to be ready to import (no duplicates detected, no greyed out images).

4. You cancel the import, but leave the card plugged in.

5. You choose "Import" again (no other actions taken), and now you see the suspected duplicates are greyed out.

Is this correct?

Mike

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Checking cards - suspected duplicates.
            arisaigfh Level 1

Mike,

Thanks for replying.  Yes - exactly as you described.

Bottom left hand corner shows number of shots and size which then (after Cancel, import) goes to 0,0.

Fiona

• 3. Re: Checking cards - suspected duplicates.
              arisaigfh Level 1

Only thing I can think of is that I am switching between catalogs more now. 

Always open the correct catalog for card - it just worked when I checked the 2nd card for the same job.  1st card I had to import, cancel - 2nd card (same catalog, same job) greyed out straight away - it's not done that for a while.

Don't know if this helps

Fiona