1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2017 5:50 AM by Bruce Bullis

Adding opening slates to sequences

Graham Anthony

Hello,

I have built HTML panels for Adobe products before, specifically for Photoshop and InDesign so I have experience using the ESTK property explorer and passing message between node.js and the extendscript engine.

I manage a team that does some fairly repetitive work. We produce educational videos that are between 5 and 10 minutes long and sometimes there are 80 or more of them per month. Each one requires and opening slate, a fade in, and lower thirds to be imported at the same time.

I see this as a couple of steps and I'm not really sure I can do most of this using extendscript:

1. Iterate through the 80 sequences in the project (I can currently do this though it doesn't appear in the UI, I can see that extendscript is iterating)

2. Add a clip at the beginning of each sequence. This clip is our opening slate.

3. Shift the video in the sequence back by about 7 seconds, the length of our opening slate.

4. Add a fade effect to the video that I've shifted back.

5. Import a lower thirds clip onto the timeline at the appropriate time as well.

Is it possible to do steps 2-5? I don't see much around manipulating the video and timing of specifically selected sequences. If you can point me in the direction of where to look for timeline/effect manipulation in extendscript that would be very helpful. I suspect it isn't possible, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Graham