• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help after installation - Program does not work properly.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7.   I loaded the program and not get all kinds of error messages when using the software:   The main message I get [over and over and over] is:

C:\Windows\system32\api-ms-win-core-synch-I1-2-0.DLL is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Alright Adobe, my administrator has no clue what is causing this or how to fix this.  How about someone there help with this.  I have unistalled and reinstalled Acrobat X Pro and now it has problems (Watermarks don't work) but otherwise is OK.   I have reinstalled DC several times after uninstalling Acrobat X.  I am also now getting error messages like this simply browsing the web. 

By the way, this all started with a Reader DC update to my computer several days ago that disabled Acrobat X's full function capability.   So I decided to go to the Acrobat DC.  Now that appears to have been a mistake.   Not intuitively as user friendly and now nothing works properly.

What the happened with this product!!!!!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Odelltrclan,

Edited-

As explained above, the error message seems to be appearing because of the corrupted DLL file.

You have already tried uninstall reinstall of the application and it didn't fix, so I would suggest you to try installing the new copy of DLL file api-ms-win-core-synch-I1-2-0.DLL  and see if that helps.

Also, There is a chance that your api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll error could be related to a malware infection on your PC. These malicious intruders can damage, corrupt, or even delete DLL-related files.

Conduct a full malware scan of your PC.

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I have tried this but it has not worked.  My computer is not allowing the file to be installed.  I cannot delete it because of TrustedInstaller and reinstalling any program that uses it does nothing.  I have tried things on various forums for the TrustedInstaller but those things are not working as well.  Very frustrating.  This all started because of an Adobe Reader DC update that happened to my computer automatically and now I have several programs that don't work and error messages galore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Odelltrclan,

I apologize for the delay in response to your last message.

As added in above solution, please try running a complete scan of your PC.

and if that doesn't help, you may follow the steps mentioned below and try Manually Register Api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll Using Microsoft Register Server.

When you install software that uses the api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll dependency, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your DLL file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll not registered" error.

1. Click the Start button.
  2. Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
  3. While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
  4. You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
  5. Click Yes.
  6. Type the following command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll.
  7. Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
  8. Type the following command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll.
  9. Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
  10. Close the command prompt window.
  11. Re-start the program associated with api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll error.

Check again.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines