1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 10:57 AM by russellh27397002

Hyperlinks lost after converting from InDesign CS6 to CC (2017)

russellh27397002

I created a product manual in InDesign CS6, and it contains dozens of cross-references, such as "See Figure 21," or "as shown on page 12," etc.  Of course, these cross-references appear in the Hyperlinks pallet.  Now that I have upgraded to CC 2017, the Hyperlinks pallet is completely empty, and the cross-references themselves have been converted to plain text  Thankfully, I still have CS6 loaded on my system, so I can still use the file.

Does anyone know a way to preserve hyperlinks when opening an InDesign CS6 file in CC?  It appears that CC cannot "see" hyperlinks that were created in an earlier version, at least in my case.

Thank you,

Russell

• 1. Re: Hyperlinks lost after converting from InDesign CS6 to CC (2017)
          russellh27397002 Level 1

Well, I discovered the answer by digging into the changes between CS6 and CC, and I thought I'd post it here in case it might help someone else.

As it turns out, in InDesign CS6, cross-references and hyperlinks were combined in the same pallet.  However, in CC, hyperlinks and cross-references have SEPARATE pallets.  Therefore, if you convert a CS6 file that showed cross-references in the Hyperlinks pallet, you won't find them in that pallet anymore.  Now, to view them, you have to open the Cross-References pallet to view them.