• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem burning ISO Blu-ray with APE 14 / Windows 10 (64 bits)

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New APE user, I have a big problem with the burning of an Iso image in Blu-ray format of the film of 1h15mn I realized with APE 14.1 .... and that I have to present in public (about 300 spectators) in 3 weeks.

The APE online help does not address this problem (incompletely updated, it often refers to APE 13!) and no answer to my problem on the forum in French.

Although not very fluent in English, I found two discussions on this english forum but one is very centered on APE 13 and proves that burning ISO image > 1 GB does not work (but it is written that the problem is solved with APE 14). The other only concerns a small Iso image (film with menus, which will concern me) with burning a DVD (successful) and not a Blu-ray. I have implemented the recommendations of these two discussions but Iso image burning does not work.

Here are some informations about my material, my project and what I did taking into account my readings :

• Computer: Laptop DELL Inspiron 15R with Core i7 processor - 8 Go RAM - Radeon HD8850M graphics card - 500 Go SSD (153 Go free)
  • Asus BW-12D1S-U 16X external Blu-ray writer  with USB2 or 3 connection (used in USB 2 on the advice of Asus). It works, at least in burning DVD video or data - I have not yet been able to burn a Blu-ray because of my problem)
  • Blu-ray discs Sony BD-R or BD-RE 25 GB
  • Movie of 1h18 containing about 1,300 photos or short videos - 1920x1080 with comments and music, no menu nor menu marks to do these tests (but I have to make a movie with a main menu '' wait - movie - chapters'’ and a secondary menu for chapters)

Preparation made:

• Computer : Quicktime version check ; BIOS update ; antivirus, Wi-Fi and screen saver disabled ; restart after each test
  • APE: '' Use Hardware Acceleration '' disabled ; deleting menus and menu marks ; Media Cache size: 3 Go
  • Choice of exporting an Iso image on the SSD rather than directly burning a Blu-ray
  • Iso: Export and share / Disk / Blu-ray / HD 1080 - Type: ISO image (25 Go) - 23,976 or 25 fps, giving: bitrate = 20 Mbps and space required = 13,40 Go

Burn button -> ‘’Media encoding’’ and then ‘’Burning in progress’’. Ends after 4 to 5 hours with the laconic message ''Burning in progress / Error''

Thank you in advance for your support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found two discussions on this english forum but one is very centered on APE 13 and proves that burning ISO image > 1 GB does not work (but it is written that the problem is solved with APE 14).

I can confirm that at least this is true as it happened to me.

With PE 13.1 one could neither succesfully burn directly to a Blu-Ray nor via the image (the >1GB issue).

With PE 14 (& 14.1) both these methods work - for me.  As is generally advised I create an ISO image & then use ImgBurn.

For the rest you'll need to see how the others chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So I have done many tests to get to burn an iso H264 - Blu-ray file of my movie of 1h15 (13 GB - 20 Mbps). For this I removed two small "parasite" elements of 1/25 sec on the editing table and I made a global rendering of the film before export, after erasing the preview files.

On the other hand, I can’t burn a Blu-ray image of the movie with six scene markers (but no stop mark) with or without menu. I've done some tests with a short editing of 2 minutes (about 30 pictures and videos) and two scene markers or two time markers: I have an error message at the end of the burning process ! While this works for an iso DVD image burning!

Can an APE 14 (or 14.1) user tell me if he has successfully burned a movie with menu and menu markers into Blu-ray? If so, what should I do to make it work ?

If we can not do such an engraving with APE 14.1, is there a software (free if possible) that allows to integrate a menu to be realized and two images iso (the film and a teaser of 1mn26) on a disk Blu-ray?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not having been able to burn with APE 14.1 a Blu-ray disc image of my movie with menus and menu markers, I switched to Nero Video. I finalized my movie with two menus and six chapters from two mp4 files made with APE. No problem burning a disk image and then burning Blu-ray with Nero Burning Rom !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,OP ,for me that i never used the APE 14.1 to burn ISO image,from what you said,this tool is not ideal either.

I know a better tool than that :

https://www.iseepassword.com/iso-burner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines