• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protecting my PDF files

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I am using the trial version. I have an issue with the protection feature. I use "Encrypt with password" to protect my PDF files from editing or printing. The encryption works fine and it is perfect, but I just found the anyone can cancel this encryption and print or copy the contents of the file by just open the PDF file using FireFox browser. I tried it by myself and the file I encrypted was without any protection as I managed to copy and print the content of the PDF file. I don't know how this is possible, but now I am concerned about upgrading my account and buy Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to protect my PDF files. I hope you can explain the problem or the reason behind the ability of FireFox to decrypt protected PDF files

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you set security with Acrobat, then Acrobat should have warned you that third party apps may ignore the restrictions. Because it's true. The PDF rules say what the restrictions should mean, but some programmers don't like the idea of security, it conflicts with their ideas of freedom, and they ignore the rules. As Adobe's warning says, Adobe apps will respect the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines