2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2017 11:35 AM by effeKtSVK

ERROR! Some files are not available

sama20312063

ERROR! Some files are not available and cannot be imported at this time. Please download files to your camera roll and try again.

This message keeps coming up all the time, I can only get about 1 in 4 video clips to load into the iPhone Premier Clip App. All my media is from my camera roll. I'm on a WiFi connection and the files play fine right out of my iPhone photos/video gallery.

iPhone 6 IOS 10.3.1

Latest version of Premier Clip download fromApp Store this evening

What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: ERROR! Some files are not available
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Sam,

This error only comes up if you try to import files into Premiere Clip which are not in your Camera Roll.

You can only import the files which are in your Camera Roll.

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: ERROR! Some files are not available
            effeKtSVK

If I am correct, iCloud Photo Library is causing this. On my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.3) I have enabled "Optimise iPhone Storage" which automatically deletes photos that are uploaded in iCloud. This is very good feature for saving space but it's causing problems with basically every photo/video app that doesn't use stock media picker that is provided in iOS (UIImagePickerController). I've tried a few ways to download the picture I wanted to add into Premiere Clip, I copied it, I duplicated it, I tried to send it via iMessage - every process shows either "Processing..." or "Downloading..." but still no success in Premiere Clip, but you can try it out, maybe Apple fixed it in iOS 10. Other than that I assume the only way to fix this is to set iCloud Photo Library to "Download and Keep Originals", unfortunately I can't try this out for you because I don't have enough space on my iPhone.