Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Folder Import

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm getting more and more frustrated with After Effects unusual behaviour regarding importing files.

In any other Application when asked about which file to import you have a chance to navigate to a folder, or sub folder, and then select the file you desire....

In after effects it seems that the moment you click on a folder to view it's contents the application decides that you want to import the whole folder - THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT !

If I had wanted to do this (in any other app) I would have chosen to import a folder rather than a file. I would also have been able to navigate within folders to select the the item I required.

As a Graphic Designer I have a vast array of folders (each with numerous sub-folders) that I need to navigate to select the image I need.

I'm aware that I can do this by "twirling down" each folder, but this is not built into my muscle memory, and means that I sometimes have to go down many, many levels ( which isn't practical).

Does anyone have a solution to this asinine behaviour ???  PLEASE !

Many Thanks, in advance, to anyone that can help.

Ringoroo. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

n after effects it seems that the moment you click on a folder to view it's contents the application decides that you want to import the whole folder

something is not working right. see if you are doing it correctly:

1. to import click Ctrl/Cmd+I

2. you will have this dialog box on windows, on Mac you will have something simiar

3. as you can see import is highlighted at the bottom (and not import folder) and you can click twice on a folder to open it. if you click on a folder and click "import folder", you will import the folders content

if you are using Windows10 this could be the behavior of the Os that as I recall replaced by default the double click behavior with a single click. you can change it and there are many articles online explaining how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LauriW,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines