• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom (Version 6.8) Won't let me upload photos suddenly?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos are in Raw format, but after waiting 15 minutes it says the files can not be used and it freezes, I have to force quit and relaunch the app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

What has happened is that either the Destination folder has been accidentally changed, or the permissions on that folder have been accidentally changed. So, either change the Destination folder back to what it was previously, or in your operating system, change the permissions on that exact Destination folder to WRITE permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

What camera make and model took these RAW photos?

Upload? Do you mean Import or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The following files were not imported because they c...be read or the destination folder was not writable"
I can't get it to show me the full sentence.
I meant import.

It's a Canon EOS Rebel T6, I have it in RAW shooting mode.. Same settings I've had it in for the last 6 months. I imported photos yesterday but today all I get is this message.. I've doubled checked the settings, the format of the photos, I looked for an update maybe but i can't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened is that either the Destination folder has been accidentally changed, or the permissions on that folder have been accidentally changed. So, either change the Destination folder back to what it was previously, or in your operating system, change the permissions on that exact Destination folder to WRITE permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines