2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2017 6:05 AM by trevreav

Semi transparent object, is it possible?

trevreav Level 1

Hi, I'm very new to Animate - so be gentle with me please!!

I have all of the illustrations prepared in Illustrator which I'm importing through CC library into Animate.

I'm trying to get something to animate with movement and a change of transparency if possible. Imagine a bull running with steam coming out of it's nose, so appearing quickly from 0% opacity to about 75% opacity and back again.

Is this possible in Animate?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Semi transparent object, is it possible?
          macpawel Adobe Community Professional

Yes, off course,

First start to change your graphic into e symbol. If you don't plan to add any interactivity - use Graphic Symbol in this case.

Select your symbol in timeline window and use right mouse buton to turn it into a Tween. Select Create Motion Tween options.

Go to last frame (your tween probably is 24 frames long - your Frame Rate settings) - maybe 24 select symbol on Stage and chage it's opacity in Properties Panel to 75%. Finally go to first frame and change Opaity to 0%

You can adjust length of your animation (speed) by dragging last frame of your Tween in timeline

• 2. Re: Semi transparent object, is it possible?
            trevreav Level 1

Marvellous, and thanks very much fro the info - That's the sort of thing I would have expected, but I wasn't converting it to a symbol.

Many thanks and have a good day.