5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2017 5:44 AM by Beverley Gray

Adobe Stock, no single purchase option

Simon_Atterbury Level 1

I'm trying to buy one specific image. I have tried from within InDesign, also via the Creative Cloud control panel and also via the website. When I select the image for purchase I am only presented with two subscription options not a single purchase option. I have seen lots of posts in the forum with similar issues but no definitive solution except for an engineer saying they will fix it and credit some free images.

Does anyone know how you can purchase a single image without having to create a new account or ask a family member without a CC subscription to purchase on your behalf? It does seem crazy that an integrated asset supply system is so non functional. A year on from some of the first posts their seems no progress.

To any Adobe sales / marketing people reading this, please note for a lot of us, buying stock images is a very rare occurrence as we mostly generate our own original content or commission original photography or illustration. Single purchasing works when you are only likely to use 2 or 3 stock images per year.

Thanks in advance to anyone who comes up with a solution. In the meantime I'm going to try and source the image from another stock library.

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 13.53.13.png

• 1. Re: Adobe Stock, no single purchase option
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Simon,

I understand your concern but unfortunately we do not offer any single image purchase.

The smallest plan available is for 3 images/month.

Please visit Adobe Stock pricing and membership plan | Adobe Stock

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Adobe Stock, no single purchase option
            Simon_Atterbury Level 1

If single purchase is not available how come some people have been able to purchase single items? I have attached a grab from one of the Adobe forums that shows a single purchase option. Also can you explain this link on the Adobe website.

Common Questions, Adobe Stock

The first paragraph reads

Adobe Stock is a service that provides designers and businesses with access to 60 million high-quality, curated, royalty-free photos, videos, illustrations, vector graphics, 3D assets, and templates for all their creative projects. The Adobe Stock service is built right into your favorite Adobe desktop apps, such as Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, and InDesign CC, so you can search, browse, and add assets to your Creative Cloud Libraries, and get instant access to your assets across desktop and mobile devices. In Photoshop and Illustrator, to jump start your creative projects, you can even download asset-rich templates from Adobe Stock right within the New Document dialog boxes.

You can purchase Adobe Stock on an as-needed basis as a single asset, or you can purchase a multi-asset subscription. A number of subscription packages are available.

The phrase "purchase Adobe Stock on an as-needed basis as a single asset" suggests to me single purchase. This page was published on February 7th this year so just over 2 months ago. Has Adobe changed it's policy since then? Are single purchases only available in some territories i.e. USA and not Europe? If as you say there are no single purchase options available may I suggest that you remove any Adobe web pages that state the opposite to avoid confusion.

Very annoying that I can't use your service even though at every opportunity Adobe gets you try and promote it to me.

buy+single.png

• 3. Re: Adobe Stock, no single purchase option
              Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Simon, the phrase "purchase Adobe Stock on an as-needed basis as a single asset" means single purchase but that only happens when you already have a subscription in which you can license 1 image at a time.

Also, I have checked the plans page for all the regions and we are offering the same set of plans for US, Europe and UK.

Please refer Adobe Stock pricing and membership plan | Adobe Stock for the current plans available.

Apologize for the trouble.

• 4. Re: Adobe Stock, no single purchase option
                Simon_Atterbury Level 1

I think you are mis reading the line it says

"You can purchase Adobe Stock on an as-needed basis as a single asset, or you can purchase a multi-asset subscription. A number of subscription packages are available."

So why would you purchase a single asset if you already have a subscription. If you are trying to say you can buy additional assets on top of your subscription then you need to change the wording in the sentence as its misleading.

So looking at the forums you have been selling images without a subscription (the previously uploaded screen grab demonstrates this. In the link below  user mariaannamasta has a discussion with an Adobe moderator about her single purchase without having a subscription. Beverley Grey the Adobe moderator explains that Maria will not be charged a monthly subscription for her purchase, see link below.

Single image purchase

In a post from mhines1984 he asks how he can make a single purchase without a subscription. The Adobe moderator Beverley Grey again says

"When you find an image that you want to license, the shopping cart option will take you to a page where you can pay for the single image e.g."

Let us know if that doesn't work for you."

See link below which includes the pic the Beverly uploaded showing the three purchase options of single option or 2 subscription options.

How to purchase a single image?

On the next post many users were discussing single purchase and some were able to do this using various options. I notice that both you and Beverley commented on this thread. Some people were still buying single images up until November.

How/can I buy a single image (not a subscription)???

My annoyance is that Adobe has not made it clear that you must have a subscription and you seem to be trying to deny that you ever had a single purchase scheme when you clearly had. So please ask your webmaster to update all pages that do not clearly state that you must have a subscription to use the service and get rid of any ambiguous language which will  also help you to avoid any potential trading standards issues

I'll leave this thread now as nothing else can be done.

• 5. Re: Adobe Stock, no single purchase option
                  Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

On the 7th Feb, 2017 we replaced on-demand standard asset purchase with the 3 standard assets/month, monthly plan.

Premium images and videos are available to purchase on a single asset basis and are not part of the subscription plans.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any confusion caused.

Kind regards

Beverley