• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Outputting a photo portfolio laid out as spreads to a PDF that can be emailed to clients

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a very basic user of InDesign. I essentially just use it to mock-up my printed portfolio - I'm a professional photographer. As I use double sided paper to print my portfolio, in Indesign I created a document that is made up of double page spreads. Sometimes there's one photograph on a page, sometime a photograph is a double page spread.

What I want to is simply output a PDF of the portfolio that maintains the format of a book, so the double page spreads are seen as a single "page", so as the user scrolls through the document, they see each spread in order.

The other thing I'm wondering is what options do I have to set how the document is viewed once I send it? I don't want to send potential clients a list of setting they need to plug into Reader etc just to see the PDF the way I intend.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

When you Export your Document you can try use Spreads option instead of Pages in General settings of PDF Export window

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Publish Online, it may suit your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Export your Document you can try use Spreads option instead of Pages in General settings of PDF Export window

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to set up your document in the size of a SINGLE page, not in the size of a spread.

You have to set up the document with facing pages.

Then you can export as PDF with single pages or with spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines