• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting pdf data into Excel Template

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an editable pdf form which clients use to apply for services. Once they have completed filling out the pdf form, I want to export the data into an Excel template to verify and validate the data. The excel file is formatted to look similar to the pdf with additional columns used by the reviewer to validate the data.

I need to map each field in the pdf to a particular field in the excel template. Basically I'm looking for a data mapping tool I can use to be sure the pdf data maps to the exact field(s) in excel.

I don't see how to do that in the export tool. Can a 'mapping file' be created in Adobe to do this or should I start looking at 3rd party tools?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat can't do that. It can export the data to a new CSV file, which you

can then import and manipulate in Excel using macros, but it can't export

the data directly from a PDF to an existing Excel file with a specific

format.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM, sarar43665049 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot export from Acrobat to Excel, but you can import data from a PDF form into an Excel document if you write some VBA code. Take a look here for some sample code that reads and writes from/to a PDF form: Reading PDF Form Fields with VBA - KHKonsulting LLC As you can see from the timestamp on that blog post, I've been using this method for years now. If you need any help with implementing such a solution, that's what I do for a living when I am not answering questions here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines