There was an error connecting to the timestamp server

Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today i am getting this error from

Adobe Animate SDK 24

Changed nothing,

I have internet connection. I never had problem to compile an air for Desktop.

I urgently need a new update for customers

Please help

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read all These articles. Thanks for answering

i use Adobe Animate 2017,  with air sek 24.

not flashbuilder

this worked yesterday morning, the i Had a Network wifi error. From that Moment on it falls Even Network is up and running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://knowledge.symantec.com/support/code-signing-support/index?page=content&id=ALERT2248

Looks like the servers have been taken down permanently, though trying to alter the timestamp authority manually using the adt command parameter seems to be entirely ignored, and still get a connection reset. Anyone got any ideas on how to work around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked around this for the adt commandline tool. Was just using the -tsa parameter in the wrong place. Looks like you just have to specify the correct timestamp servers manually now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scotty

Can you please post the adt command and which timestamp server you re using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it worked

adt.bat -sign -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "yourkey.p12"  -tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp" "input.airi"   "output.air"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it is only a problem of configuring a URL

there are many different timestamp servers out there
http://timestamp.comodoca.com/rfc3161

http://timestamp.globalsign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the information I got from adobe support, the "Timestamp.geotrust.com" server is down now. Probably waiting, the problem will be fix. sorry for im not good at english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a

"The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem"

While trying to manually sign using ADT. Any tips or tricks that might be helpful for this one?

Ps. to save time for anyone following along.

In order to manually publish using ADT you need:

1) To install Java: Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads

2) Add ADT as a global environment variable: Adobe AIR * Path environment variables

Now you can use the ADT command from Command Prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on that, or timestamp server is still down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. For the time being, I’m exporting my app as a .airi file and packaging it with the ADL using:

-tsa "http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp”

It ends up time stamping it just fine. It’s a few extra steps, but it’s an acceptable work around.

Thank you!

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting the issue. The error you see is because Symantec has removed the timestamp service used for packaging AIR applications. Here is the article which provides details:

https://knowledge.symantec.com/support/code-signing-support/index?page=content&id=ALERT2248

We are working on the fix for the issue. The workaround for the problem is to use the –tsa flag from command line to point to new service.

The URLs for the new service are:

You may use the adt packaging command as below:

adt -package -tsa  <timestamp URL> {other options follows}

Refer link: Adobe AIR * ADT package command and Adobe AIR * Packaging a desktop native installer for desktop packaging command.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get permission denied errors when I try the new server links given. Can you help with that too?

I have tried in Intellij, FlashDevelop, using ant to build, and the command-line. All give me permission errors.

This is the only output I get with no other details: "Could not generate timestamp: Permission denied: connect"

When running from ant/command-line this is the command I am using:

adt -package -tsa http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp -storetype pkcs12 -keystore <cert file name> -storepass <cert pass> -target bundle "<content folder>" <app xml> -C <folder> .

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were able to figure out this was due to our corporate firewall.

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue is fixed with our latest beta release. The default timestamp server has been updated. You may download the beta build from link Download Adobe AIR 26 Beta - Adobe Labs.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks great.

Any idea for the air 26 release because without it I can't distribute with share runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a direct way to configure these new timeserver (tsa) settings in Flash Builder 4.7 in order to use the "Export Release Build" function to compile a "Signed application with captive runtime"? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10, Adobe Animate 2017 with the Air 26 Beta is still producing the same "there was an error connecting to the Timestamp server" message for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Animate doesn't uses the default URL for timestamp by Adobe AIR. Meanwhile, you may try packaging the application using the adt packaging command.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, got it working.

And for those who come from the Animate side and aren't used to messing around in the guts like this, this procedure works for me to create a Windows exe file in Windows 10 in Animate 2017:

1) If you need to, create your .p12 in the signature tab. (Select 'use a code signing certificate' then click 'create'. I find it streamlines things if you create it in the same folder you'll be exporting the airi file to).

2) When you've created your certificate, switch to 'Prepare an Air intermediate...' in the signature tab, and create the airi file.

3) Download the Air 26 beta SDK (or future version) and unzip it where you store your SDKs. (You can really put them anywhere).

4) Find the bin directory inside the SDK, and add this path to your user variables path so you can launch adt from anywhere. (If you type 'environmental' into the Cortana box, you can click on the first result that pops up, then click on 'environmental variables' to get where you need to add this to your path.)

5) Launch the command prompt (probably want to be in Admin mode).

6) 'CD' your way to the folder where your airi file is located

7) Type: adt -package -storetype pkcs12 -keystore <your .p12 cert name> -target native <your app name>.exe <your airi name>.airi

(Again, if your .p12 file is in the same folder as your .airi file, you can just type the name without any paths.)

This is what works for me, and I realize this can all be very confusing for folks who don't spend much time in the terminal... good luck animator types!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!  Thanks for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just using SDK 26 Beta does not work for me on Animate 2017.2 on OSX publishing for OSX.

I will try a variation of the procedure posted by tovokas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines