• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects cc 17 slow preview

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2009 mac pro dual 3.46ghz, PCIe 1Tb SSD, Quadro 4000 graphics card  and 128Gb of RAM

I've been making an animation and my vector character rigs seem to really slow down the preview. I can preview animated objects in elements 3d in realtime, when I add a character which is just a bunch of pre-comp vectors the preview drops to 5 fps or less even with no keyframes. why won't something so simple play at realtime?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why won't something so simple play at realtime?

Why should it? AE doesn't concatenate the operations. It is strictly buffer-based and a pre-comp simply means that this buffer first needs to be calculated, in your case rasterizing teh vector art, then handing it of to the next comp in the chain that uses it, i.e. your parent comp. That's normale AE render pipeline behavior and I would suggest you read up on this sort of thing just as well as on how it is influenced by layer switches for collapse transformations/ continuous rasterization. It will never "fly" though. Even at the point when you combine your E3D's internal buffer with another layer the rules of the game already change. It's all about structuring your work and managing expectastions or else you'll forever end up frustrated and never get much done because you work against the program's principles.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it? Because we all pay Adobe a lot of money for this software. For a video editing program, it should be expected that you can preview a video clip at more than 1 frame per hour. How is a person supposed to work with a system this slow? What a waste of money. I will definitely be cancelling my membership if this cannot be improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeremyt1769380  wrote

For a video editing program, it should be expected that you can preview a video clip at more than 1 frame per hour.

After Effects is not a video editing program. If you expect it to behave as such, you will be disappointed.

Are you saying that creating the preview takes 5 frames per second or are you saying that once a preview is cached, it plays back at 5 frames per second?

How are your character rigs created? If there are a lot of expressions, things can run a bit slowly sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KyleW,

Sorry for this issue with preview. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines