Create a null object based off of some of your tracking points and either put those values in your emitter's position or tie it with expressions.
- Perform camera tracking
- Set an origin and groundplane that makes sense
- Pick some geometry in the shot where you want the Emitter to be
- Add a camera and a null to that target
- Add a light to the composition
- Hold down the shift key and parent polite to the null making the null the parent (This will move the light to the same position as the null)
- Rename the light "emitter"
- use the light as your emitter in Particular
This is pretty basic Particular stuff if you have read the manual.
1 person found this helpful
Thanks, guys. I have in fact read the manual, but the mistake I was making is that I was tying the solid layer's position to the tracking point, NOT the emitter's position. I'm having better luck with it now.