• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Images Causes PS CC to Crash

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I've had this program Photoshop CC 2014 for a few years now and have never had a problem with it but recently it has been acting up. Every time I try to open new images, by opening a folder that contains the image I want, PS CC crashes. Is there anything I can do to correct this issue>

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.0.0 20140508.r.58 x64

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Version: 6.3

System architecture: Intel CPU

In event viewer, this is what shows when PS CC crashes...

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Description:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: explorerframe.dll, version: 10.0.14393.953, time stamp: 0x58ba596d

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\explorerframe.dll

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Your CC 2014 is either missing all the CC 2014 update or something has caused your CC 2014 installation to be back leveled. CC 2014 is the version of Photoshop I use and its version is CC 2014.2.4.   The last version Of Photoshop I remember to work well when released was CS3 release April 2007 some ten years ago.   That is why I keep many version of Photoshop installed on my machine.

If I were you I woule uninstall CC 2014, Use Adobe Cleaner to clean out All traces of Photoshop. Make sure You Use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CC 2014 is either missing all the CC 2014 update or something has caused your CC 2014 installation to be back leveled. CC 2014 is the version of Photoshop I use and its version is CC 2014.2.4.   The last version Of Photoshop I remember to work well when released was CS3 release April 2007 some ten years ago.   That is why I keep many version of Photoshop installed on my machine.

If I were you I woule uninstall CC 2014, Use Adobe Cleaner to clean out All traces of Photoshop. Make sure You User ID's Photoshop CC 2014 preferences have neen deleted and then install CC 2014.

Here is what I see on my Windows 10 system for m4 Photoshop CC 2014 installation.  Its the version of Photoshop I use.

Capture.jpg

Also the module that is failing is part of Windows.  Make sure you have all Windows updates installed and the latest device drivers for your hardware installed in Windows.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am going to try to fix the explorerframe first since that is the main cause of my problems. I will most likely uninstall and reinstall PS CC after.

If my explorereframe cannont be fixed, I will do a system restore since I believe this started happening after my laptops' Windows updated itself. ._.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoshiko-Ai  wrote

Thank you. I am going to try to fix the explorerframe first since that is the main cause of my problems.

I do not think your problem is in Microsoft's explorerframe.dll library. It more likely being caused by some other software  Installed on your windows system.  A device driver may need to be updated and your Photoshop instillation need to be updated or fixed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I actually didn't touch my explorerframe as I previously said I would but went ahead and uninstall and reinstalled PS. Problem solved!~ ^_^ Ahaha, thanks so much for helping!~ I hope you have a good day!~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines