• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effective PPI

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I make an image larger or smaller the Effective PPI data on the Information pane changes into a format that I don't know how to read.

I'm attaching an example for visual reference, but usually my image will be 300ppi and when I modify the size the Effective PPI will turn into something like 452ppi. Sometimes however it'll be 291x284.

What does that even mean?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

It's out of proportion. The width is 291ppi and the height is 284ppi. If you're holding Command and dragging a corner to change the size, include the Shift key to keep it proportional.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 9.09.49 AM.png

I forgot to include the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's out of proportion. The width is 291ppi and the height is 284ppi. If you're holding Command and dragging a corner to change the size, include the Shift key to keep it proportional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Migintosh: That's it!  Now it makes sense, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines