1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2017 8:24 AM by richardh2664448

Problems with signing a Phonegap APK and -debug setting

richardh2664448

Hi, I am stuck.

to test phonegap for my use I have done the following, (on Mac BTW):-

1. Used the hello world example almost untouched only a simple calculator tool added to index

2. It all works perfectly in emulators and the apk runs on my phone.

3. I created a digital signature using this method:-

keytool -genkey -v -keystore yourappname.keystore -alias appnamealias -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

(just to confirm, I did put my own app name and alias in:)  )

all worked fine.

4. When adding the key to package on phonegap it gives an error suggesting the alias name is wrong, but it is not.

5. So I downloaded the apk from phonegap and used this method to sign it

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my.keystore my-app.apk my_alias_nam

(with my own names etc)

this is the error I get:-

jarsigner: unable to sign jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 5567 but got 5157 bytes)

6.    Googling I find that this may be due to dubugging being on ( I forgot about that)

7.    I unchecked enable debugging in settings on phongap control panal and checked config.xml

8.  I Reuploaded a zip to phonegap, I rebuilt without signature.  but the resulting apk download still seems to download a -debug.apk file.

9.   following a link on your forum I used apktool to check the files, and debuggable is set to true.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8885345#8885345

10. I have stripped all packages from the app and config.xml and the packages built on phonegap still show -debug.apk

11. What else can I do?

Thanks

Richard

• 1. Re: Problems with signing a Phonegap APK and -debug setting
          richardh2664448 Level 1

Hi

I have resolved this.   In phonegap when you submit a key you are asked for two passwords, the certificate password  and the keystore password.  I misunderstood what the certificate password was.   when you create your keystore you are likely to have chosen the same password for both.  In my case I did, so I use the same password in both input boxes and all now works.  I'm sure this is obvious to most but I am very rusty on keystores.

Amazing what a half an hour break and a cup of tea can achieve!

Cheers

Richard