Could you please check if the issue persists if you uncheck "Use graphics processor" under Preferences>Performance in Photoshop.
Also, which tool do you use whenever Photoshop freezes?
Turned graphics processor off.
Issue still there.
What do you mean 'which tool'?
I start Photoshop and immediately after the splash screen, and showing the main UI, it locks up.
It stays frozen for 30 seconds. There are no toolsbars or menus yet...
Do you want me to upload a video to Youtube that shows how it freezes?
Already tried this, did not work.
Here's the video that demonstrates the issue:
- Disable graphics processor didn't work.
- Legacy document interface didn't work.
This also occurs every time I use file access (open files for examples).
- Only thing I can say: turning off network adapters (Ethernet and Wifi) did work.
Given the video that I sent..?
Are you connected to a network via Wifi/Lan cable?
- Used only LAN: Problem occurs
- Used only Wifi: Problem occurs
- Used both: Problem occurs
- Used only WiFi and connected to a different wireless network than usual: Problem occurs
- Disconnected Wifi, so there is no internet connection, but did not disable the adapter: Problem is solved.
- Disabled all network adapters, so there is no internet connection: Problem is solved.
Problem is correlated with having an internet connection.
- Disabled Virusscanner: Problem occurs
- Disabled all protection (including firewall): Problem occurs
- Quit the Creative Cloud application: Problem occurs
I found the issue/bug in Photoshop:
I go to Preferences -> General
I disabled "Show start workspace when no documents are open".
In this instance, Photoshop boots in ~5 seconds.
If I enable it, it takes around 30s to 1 minute.
Even though there are only 2 files in the 'recent' that are both like 500 KB .... it's not as if it's loading huge previews..
Is this indeed a bug?
The same issue is reported in this extensive Photoshop thread:
However, it also seems to be related to having an internet connection active.
Disabling Internet: Solved the issue
Disabling: "Show start workspace..": Solved the issue
For some reason I cannot 'edit' an existing message neither in Chrome nor in IE...
Anyway, the problem is NOT solved.
It is only solved for booting Photoshop.
Every time I open a file, close a file, or close Photoshop, I'm still having the same issue.
Could you please create a new Administrator account on your computer to test if the issue is reproducible?
Did you ever work this out? im having the same issue and started a thread on here and everything they told me to do/change only made **** worse so would like to know if you found out what the issue is