• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 how to put GIF into Image??

Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i would like to know in this version of Photoshop 2017 how i can put  Gif into image?

Step-by-step pls thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Either make or load your animation in Photoshop and switch to the Motion workspace.

You'll see the frames in the timeline, and each frame will (probably) have a layer.

As the animation progresses, the previous layer will be turned off, and next layer turned on.  

Load your background image and place it at the bottom of the layer stack so it appears behind the animation.  This will only work if the animation has a transparent background.

Select all the frames, and make sure the background layer is t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll try. A GIF is in Indexed Color Mode, change this to RGB* and try again.

* Select the color mode you want the (opened) image to be in: Image > Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kaiokenpt  wrote

Hello

i would like to know in this version of Photoshop 2017 how i can put  Gif into image?

Step-by-step pls thank you.

Bt GIF do you mean ā€‹Frame Animationā€‹ ?  Do you want to place an animation inside a larger image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i mean put the Animation(Gif File) inside image how i do that?

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Either make or load your animation in Photoshop and switch to the Motion workspace.

You'll see the frames in the timeline, and each frame will (probably) have a layer.

As the animation progresses, the previous layer will be turned off, and next layer turned on.  

Load your background image and place it at the bottom of the layer stack so it appears behind the animation.  This will only work if the animation has a transparent background.

Select all the frames, and make sure the background layer is turned on for all frames.

Export > Save for web (Legacy) and save as a GIF

Job done.

Note I just knocked this up for demonstration, and I was not going make the yellow ball move, or hide the cue ball after the first frame, but that's what you'd do if doing it for real.  They can be a _lot_ of work.  The image is one of a series I did for my buddy's pub Facebook page

The-Hustler.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines