2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2008 8:48 AM by Newsgroup_User

Pictures changing color when put into Dreamweaver

Valadilene
      I recently got DWCS4 and I've been working on my website adding some new images. When I selected the images for some reason it changed them and the thumbnails so the images appear underexposed and desaturated. The files themselves did not change, but for some reason dreamweaver uploads them to my site this way and I can't figure out why. It doesn't do it to all the images.

http://www.choiceperspectives.com

look under "Portfolio" then "People". Its most noticeable with the first 4 images, especially the 4th one of the girl on the wall. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?? Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Pictures changing color when put into Dreamweaver
          Valadilene Level 1
          It fixes it when I go in and save it for web, but I still can't figure out why. I did not save other images using the save for web function and they work fine...
          • 2. Re: Pictures changing color when put into Dreamweaver
            Level 7
            You saved your full-size images as GIFs, thereby reducing the quality
            significantly (from 16M colors down to 256 colors). GIF is rarely
            appropriate for photos. Then you saved the thumbnails as JPGs. None of that
            makes sense and may be part of your quality problem.

--

Walt

"Valadilene" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:givbkd$fp3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I recently got DWCS4 and I've been working on my website adding some new
            > images. When I selected the images for some reason it changed them and the
            > thumbnails so the images appear underexposed and desaturated. The files
            > themselves did not change, but for some reason dreamweaver uploads them to
            > my
            > site this way and I can't figure out why. It doesn't do it to all the
            > images.
            >
            > http://www.choiceperspectives.com
            >
            > look under "Portfolio" then "People". Its most noticeable with the first 4
            > images, especially the 4th one of the girl on the wall. Anyone have any
            > idea
            > how to fix this?? Thanks!
            >