3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2017 12:02 PM by trshaner

Performance Issues since Creators update with Windows

storytellerphotographer

Has anyone encountered performance issues since Windows started rolling out the creators update to the OS? Particularily with mouse lag. I'm pretty confident its not the machine, I'm pushing with an i-4790k processor overclocked with a 32gb or ram, and the NVidia 1080 8gb video card with an 800 watt PSU. I noticed the lag in the mouse, honestly , only with the Adobe titles while doing an export with Lightroom. So, I'm assuming this is a driver issue with something, but I'm not sure what exactly since I have the most up-to-date Graphics drivers as well. Any input would be extremely helpful!

• 1. Re: Performance Issues since Creators update with Windows
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Reduced performance is expected inside LR when Export, Import, or Preview Building is in progress. What version of LR, in what module(s), doing what do you see the lag? Details needed! Have you tried checking/unchecking 'Use Graphics Processor' in LR Preferences?

• 2. Re: Performance Issues since Creators update with Windows
            storytellerphotographer Level 1

Hello! I have tried unchecking and checking the "graphics processor" option.

I totally understand reduced performance, it's just that ever since the update to windows, I've noticed it Ten Fold prior and just wanted to know if there was a fix for it till drivers got updated. I just wasn't sure if it was an Adobe issue, Windows Driver issue, or NVidia issue that I was experiencing. And like I was saying, the performance honestly only affects the adobe titles, cuz I can come out of LR while that process is going on, and multitask on answering back client emails and such, or navigate windows. However, if I come into specifically Ai, all the menu drop downs are lagged horribly, and trying to move artwork is very slow as well.

I've already tried several of the band aid fixes to the creators update to prevent the mouse lag like shutting down all of the Xbox features and such. I've even tried to roll back to a previous build, and although it said it was successful, i've noticed all the features of the creator update that I had before I tried to roll back, so it's a touch build to reverse upon if you accept it.

• 3. Re: Performance Issues since Creators update with Windows
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I seriously suggest trying again to roll back the update and wait until MS fixes these issues.....

How To Uninstall Windows 10 Creators Update - Winaero

1 person found this helpful