• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse browser fill problem -- filling the page and not the browser

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am stumped on Muse browser fill ... am clicking on "browser fill" on the master page, but it is only filling the page and not the browser.  Using fluid layout. Sure this is an easy fix, but I can't find it, any help appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Could you please "scribble", what you want to achieve? It is very unclear for the moment.

Could it be, you want a page fill and a – different – browser fill?

• The "browser fill" can be  set up by clicking onto the orange word "Browser Fill" in the upper command strip

• The "page fill" can be set up by deselecting all elements and then using the "Fill" command in the upper control strip.

Attention: If you extend your page to browser width by clicking into the small double arrows to the left/right of

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure to have checked the top small box? In my example orange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-23 um 01.22.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response ... when I click on a color for browser fill, say white, on the master page, it turns the "page" white ... and when I hit preview to view it, the page and browser are white, so there is no differentiation.  Looking at your example, I set up another master with a grey color along the lines of your example ... but it resulted in a gray page and gray browser -- again no differentiation.  I have a fluid width of 960 ... here's an image of my page. Browse fill shot.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, yes, I don`t know what you want to achieve. DO you want the page in a different color then the browser fill "outside" the page?

In your example you have set everything to white. Honestly I do not understand your "problem"/question.

Muse:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-23 um 11.20.10.png

Browser:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-23 um 11.20.04.png

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add, that it is much better to start with fixed width breakpoints and I kind of must recommend this thread, where this is discussed properly between Pavel and me. This helps really a lot.

Muse not redirecting to tablet version

Beginning to get interesting from there and further down to the bottom. It´s a lifesaver. Promise.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-19 um 16.40.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, your post made me realize what was wrong.  The problem was that I didn't have a color selected for the 'page' fill, I just clicked it to white, and voila, the browser fill is working.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the fluid layout, the page and browser width are visually the same size. If you fill them with different colors, the visible color will be the color that the page is filled with. To see the filling of the browser, pull the scrubber aside.

23a44ea1ec.png

c9f9ae42fa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please "scribble", what you want to achieve? It is very unclear for the moment.

Could it be, you want a page fill and a – different – browser fill?

• The "browser fill" can be  set up by clicking onto the orange word "Browser Fill" in the upper command strip

• The "page fill" can be set up by deselecting all elements and then using the "Fill" command in the upper control strip.

Attention: If you extend your page to browser width by clicking into the small double arrows to the left/right of the breakpoint bar, the browser fill logically istn’t visible any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Fill command is the same as Fläche in the German version? And it looks like this? When the double arrows point inside.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-23 um 12.09.45.png

If I extend the page it looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-23 um 12.12.46.png

That`s the point where i should have the first café with grappa. I can reproduce this by using those scrubbers, but nobody wants that, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate your post and detailed instructions, the page fill was the problem and thankfully it is solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t  hijack this thread with your problems, Uwe! (and check the pinning of your objects)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately it is not my problem . I just made some settings (that`s what some users do, when they quickly want to follow the answers) and finally the purple rectangle is left aligned. No pinning. I I pin it to center, everything works fine. And if the double arrows point inwards, no pinning necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beleive me, Uwe, all works as expected. The issue, younhave, is related to the fact, that the "Expand" feature is a responsive one. But I really think, we shouldn’t discuss this here and confuse Linda. Let’s stick to the initial subject!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree totally with everything. That`s why I recommended a fixed width layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines