• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when I click on gamut warning nothing happens

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on gamet warning nothing happens, no table opens on the screen (I'm new at this)  does it only work when I'm in RGB not after I've converted to CMYK?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Hi

Gamut warning is designed to show you what colours are currently being used in your image that will be out of the gamut (i.e. not available in another colour space.) If you have already converted the image then it will not show anything.

There are two steps to using it

1. In View - Proof Set Up - choose the colour space you want to check against (this could be a CMYK space - or a printer profile)

2. Switch on gamut warning. Any colours in the current  image that will be out of gamut when changed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Gamut warning is designed to show you what colours are currently being used in your image that will be out of the gamut (i.e. not available in another colour space.) If you have already converted the image then it will not show anything.

There are two steps to using it

1. In View - Proof Set Up - choose the colour space you want to check against (this could be a CMYK space - or a printer profile)

2. Switch on gamut warning. Any colours in the current  image that will be out of gamut when changed to the proof space will be highlighted (see grey in image below)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I cant seem to fix my problem with this "out of gamut" warning. I have opened a document for web use. Im not going to print. How can i fix this problem so that i can use this for web? I get this warning even on the default colors. I also have transparency on one of the illustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not intend to convert to CMYK, ignore the gamut warning; it is not relevant to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you convert to CMYK, all the colors will automatically be in gamut, and therefore there will not be any gamut warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the greyed out areas when I click on gamut warning in RGB.  In some cases they are pretty significant.  But when I convert those largely out of gamut files to the CMYK printing profile (Japan Color 2001 Coated) OR choose MODE > CMYK for proofing, the file looks identical to the original RGB file.

Help?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the colors are only slightly out of gamut and the difference is not very noticeable. Instead of gamut warning, try using View > Proof Colors on/off. Or Image > Duplicate, put the two images side by side and turn on Proof Colors on just one of them. You will probably see at least a subtle difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines