Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Layering Issue - Help Needed ASAP

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Photoshop CS6 and I've loaded four images. I want to blend them all together but first I want to auto-align them, but to do that they need to be in the same layers box. The problem is, instead of all four images being in one layers box, each image has their own layers box called background and I can't get all four images into the same layers box. Please tell me how I can do this.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Not sure I understand the question, but since all files are 'Background', and there can be only one background per file, it sounds like you have 4 separate images.

If that is the case, and you want to put all 4 images into the same file, you can open all 4 files. Then choose File > Scripts > Load Files into Stacks. That will put all 4 files into a single file, each on its own layer. If any of the layers are "Background", click the padlock to unlock the background layer. Then you can select all la

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand the question, but since all files are 'Background', and there can be only one background per file, it sounds like you have 4 separate images.

If that is the case, and you want to put all 4 images into the same file, you can open all 4 files. Then choose File > Scripts > Load Files into Stacks. That will put all 4 files into a single file, each on its own layer. If any of the layers are "Background", click the padlock to unlock the background layer. Then you can select all layers and choose Layer > Align.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas

I think I understand what you need help with. I decided to record a video to walk you through the steps with some basic images.

Load Files as Layers - YouTube

Video will be available for 2 weeks. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much that's wonderful it worked great. Yes you understood the question. Cheers...HH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines