Ok its still playing up any ideas folks
You did not state which version and level of Photoshop for example the last update to CC 2017 changed the move tool options defaults. Adobe changes the way all the time.
What's changed 2017.1
- Design Space (Preview) is no longer available in this version of Photoshop.
- In earlier releases of Photoshop, Cmd/Ctrl+F used to be the keyboard shortcut for reapplying the last-used filter. Beginning with this release, it invokes the Photoshop search experience. If necessary, you can use Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts to reassign keyboard shortcuts.
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) is no longer a supported operating system for this release of Photoshop CC.
- Auto-Select is now the default setting for the layer Move tool. You can revert to the default setting in earlier versions of Photoshop: in the Options bar, deselect Auto-Select and choose Group from the pop-up menu.
- Layer styles can no longer be applied to artboards. As a workaround, include the contents of the artboard in a layer group and then apply the layer style to it.
Sorry, I was planning to put it was the latest upgrade. but was getting Miffed with PS and for got.
YEAH back to normal service
Thank you for your help in resolving my problem, as a side not to the AUTO SELECT is not work as it should. So for folks that like to use it they have a problem. ME i happy i never use it
Thanks a againour a star