Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt key and Spacebar Hand Tool not working - InDesign and Illustrator MAC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After the most recent updated in Adobe CC for Mac a couple of features I use all the time have stopped working, and I can'r find a way to put them back on. Can someone please help me?

The features are:

1. Spacebar as Handtool - in both Illustrator and InDesign - I use this to pan around pages and dartboards. I use it all the time.

2. The Alt key to duplicate objects and pages in InDesign. I frequently use the Alt ket to duplicate pages, and drag them to a specific page sequence. And, for objects on pages.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

!

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

We have seen several such issues in the past.

You can start by cleaning your InDesign cache and preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Mostly this issue occurs, when there is a conflict with another application, for example Chrome or certain plugins used in there.

After trashing preferences, when you restart your machine and launch InDesign it should work OK.

You can then open other applications one at a time, identifying the one causing the problem!

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I restarted the mac, and nothing changed, I was about to do as you described, but also had CC updates come in that day. So I ran those first. After that, the issue seems to be solved.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Removing the .plist file for Illustrator didn't solve it, but restarting did. But it's not super cool having to restart overtime this happens. This is the second time for me now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines