• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Text Templates not behaving as expected

Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Live Text Templates upgrade PPRO 2017.1 & AE 2017.2 -- Not behaving as expected.

As I understand it, these are the new features:

- Live Text Templates access new more robust functionality in AE via the "Essential Graphics" panel that allows you not only to choose which text layers will pass to PPro for Editor control but also an array of other properties.  It's a brilliant idea: Allow PPro control over text content and a minimum number of AE properties, hide the rest and leave it to the AE designer.

Problem is: doesn't seem to be working. After building the template, and attempting to drag the various properties to "Essential Graphics" the following didn't seem to work properly:

A - On the AE side the only properties that could be dragged to "Essential Graphics" were Text and Opacity.

B - In spite of dragging only one text layer to Essential Graphics, all the AE text layers appear on the PPro side.  I thought the point was to have control over which layers are available to the editor.

C - In spite of dragging the Opacity property to Essential Graphics panel on the AE side, it isn't available on the PPro side.

Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Am I missing something?

Live text templates remain the same as they use to be. you can save an aep or aecap project, import it to premiere and you can edit the text from within premiere. this feature has been available since CC2014. in CC2017 they removed the need to add a check mark under advanced composition settings in order to enable this feature for the comp, so every comp that has a text layer can be a live text template.

Motion Graphics Templates are a new thing in CC2017.2 and allows much

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something?

Live text templates remain the same as they use to be. you can save an aep or aecap project, import it to premiere and you can edit the text from within premiere. this feature has been available since CC2014. in CC2017 they removed the need to add a check mark under advanced composition settings in order to enable this feature for the comp, so every comp that has a text layer can be a live text template.

Motion Graphics Templates are a new thing in CC2017.2 and allows much more than just text. here's more about it: Create Motion Graphics templates |

A - On the AE side the only properties that could be dragged to "Essential Graphics" were Text and Opacity.

not all properties are supported. if you want to know which are just click "solo supported properties". for position, you can right click and separate dimension and you can drag it. for text, you can drag the source text parameter. shapes allow a lot of the parameters, effects too (including transform that will give you scale). this becomes much more useful when you involve expressions and Ae's expression controls have sliders, checkbox, and color that are supported.

B - In spite of dragging only one text layer to Essential Graphics, all the AE text layers appear on the PPro side.  I thought the point was to have control over which layers are available to the editor.

not really sure what you mean by dragging one text layer. you drag parameters so which parameters did you drag and which did you see? the essential graphics panel is a control panel so the editor could control many parameters in the template.

C - In spite of dragging the Opacity property to Essential Graphics panel on the AE side, it isn't available on the PPro side.

I have checked and it works fine in my end.

make sure you follow the instruction in the link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Roei for the clarification. It seems Motion Graphics are the equivalent of Live Text Templates pushed through Essential Graphics.

Immediately it's more robust.  Wasn't immediately able to assign any properties beyond Opacity.   But through Expression Control sliders it all becomes accessible.  Fantastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines