Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC and Nikon D7200

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've purchased a Nikon D7200 a couple of weeks ago during vacation, and had some issues with the compatibility of the current version of Lightroom CC. According to what I've been reading, Lightroom CC should have been compatible with the file of the Nikon D7200.

I would appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Given the age of View NX2, any chance you first used an old version of Nikon Transfer to copy the files from the card to your hard drive?

Old versions of Nikon Transfer often do weird things to new versions of NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had some issues with the compatibility of the current version of Lightroom CC.

What issues exactly? Make sure your Lightroom is updated to CC 2015.10.

The D7200 has been supported since Lightroom CC 2015.0 so you should have no problems importing Raw files from that camera.

As a test, I just successfully imported a D7200 Raw file into Lightroom CC 2015.10 with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for replying so fast.

I just checked and I do have the latest version of lightroom (2015.10). The files have no problems, I´m able to see them in the ViewNX 2, and I recently downloaded the update to be able to see the NEFF files on windows.

Still, when I try to import the files to Lightroom, I'ts unable to show me a preview and unable to import the files.

import files.jpgimport error.jpg

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the age of View NX2, any chance you first used an old version of Nikon Transfer to copy the files from the card to your hard drive?

Old versions of Nikon Transfer often do weird things to new versions of NEF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Nikon Transfer that I normally use with my Nikon D7000. I haven't had any issues with it so far. I'll try to copy the files again directly from the cards. Or do you recommend any program in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend using Lightroom and a USB Card Reader.

Download and Import files from the camera card directly to the Hard-drive and into the Lr catalog all at the same time in one step.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just copied a few files directly from the card and Lightroom had no issues with it. Apparently Nikon Transfer was the issue.

Thank you very much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question might be-  did you use Nikon Transfer software to download the images?

There has been known problems caused by Nikon Transfer corrupting images- result = cannot be opened.

Research this topic, and suggest you use only Lightroom to download.

Why I stopped using Nikon View NX and Transfer

Nikon reports possible View NX-i image data corruption when using Nikon Transfer 2 on the latest ver...

https://petapixel.com/2012/06/13/warning-older-nikon-software-may-corrupt-raw-files/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a similar problem. . .  I use Lightroom 6 updated as far as it would let me.  I also use Elements 12.  I have loaded images from the SD card directly to my hard disk and have used both the Nikon app and Bridge to download files - all I can see is the jpeg images and they will not open in Lightroom . . . HELP!! I understand I will have to upgrade Elements to a higher version if I want to edit them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact number version of LR are you using?

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Using Nikon's D7200 camera?

Directly connecting the camera or using a card reader?

What is the exact wording of the error message you are getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to have resolved the problem (mostly): I re-uploaded the images using Bridge and then imported them to Lightroom and it works.  Unfortunately the few images I uploaded using the Nikon app and then over-wrote to the SD card, I'll just have to work out!!

Thanks for your help . . . Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines