• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Coding Hint not removing.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue several times and usually, I can just shut down the program and restart it. But this time I have a bunch of windows open and I don't want to restart Dreamweaver.

My problem is that Dreamweaver brought up a code hint, but the code hint box now won't go away. It just sits there floating in the middle of the page. It doesn't matter if I click to Preview or any other tab in Dreamweaver, it still just sits on top of everything.

For instance, if the code hint box appears and you can see a class in the drop down... create a <div class="xyz"> real quick and the code hit box will dissipate after you close the quotes on the class because you used an element in that box.

As to why this continually happens on the Dell Laptop I have no idea. I tried another laptop also but they all are working fine. i contacted Dell Helpline but they said I have problem in my software.

So Please update this software properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of DW are you using?

Is your code free of structural errors? Go to http://validator.w3.org/nu for a listing.

What happens if you start another element that brings up the code hint window and use the window it to complete that element?

For me, creating a new element using the code hint window would clear it up in CC2014 and CC2015. it was faster to create a throw away <div> that I would just delete after clearing the code hint window than closing and reopening the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon Fritz II for your valuable reply to this post.

But this problem of mine resolved now. I switched to Macromedia Dreamviewer. But in my openion Adobe DW is best.

but they have to update and remove these kind of problem as Adobe is a good brand.

These things spoil its reputation and users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go back to Macromedia Dreamweaver from Creative Cloud or another version of Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macromedia Dreamweaver is not that good as it has some errors and disadvantage in usage.

Like if i have to change a number on the whole tab in Adobe dream viewer than I just select that number and replace it
But in Macromedia Dreamweaver, there is no replace All feature.

So i have to again switch back to Adobe dream viewer and to save myself from this problem i am using Adobe dreamviewer CS6.

Thanks all for your replies last time.

You all are very helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try restoring preferences and let us know? Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines