4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 12:14 PM by Dov Isaacs

need dingbat replacement

deerey Level 1

as late as november 2016, my zdingbat font worked in inDesign. now it doesn't and i can't find a solution here or in google search. if i can no longer use zapf dingbats, what is recommended replacement? and where do i get it? i have CC subscription and typekit.

• 1. Re: need dingbat replacement
          deerey Level 1

actually i had dingbats april 12, 2017. today 4/24 is first time i've been back in document. updated indesign just a few days ago and dingbats disappeared.

• 2. Re: need dingbat replacement
            mollybd Adobe Employee

Sorry for the trouble. Did you recently upgrade from Creative Suite to Creative Cloud, or have there been any changes with your operating system? The font may have been included in an old version of Creative Suite, but Creative Cloud does not come bundled with a set of fonts that install on your machine with the software.

In any case, Zapf Dingbats or other Dingbats fonts are not offered by Typekit. You can purchase a license to use the font from a reseller:

ITC Zapf Dingbats® - Desktop font « MyFonts

• 3. Re: need dingbat replacement
              deerey Level 1

i have had creative cloud since the beginning. zapf dingbats disappeared when one of the latest updates was installed. inDesign was updated 9 days ago. that update apparently wiped out my font. how can i get it back?  if i can't get it back, what font in typekit could be substituted?

• 4. Re: need dingbat replacement
                Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

FWIW, Adobe applications do not delete any fonts installed by earlier versions. Thus, any update to your InDesign software is absolutely not the cause of the loss of ITC Zapf Dingbats on your system. Something else must have happened on your system to have caused the font to either have been uninstalled, deactivated, or deleted.

- Dov