2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 8:10 PM by JimHess

Lightroom is telling me it requires a plug-in to 9.10 for Camera Raw when it's up to date

markr23900571 Level 1

I am using Adobe Creative Cloud.  I am trying to merge my photos to HDR pro in Photoshop from Lightroom and I keep getting a pop-up window telling me "this version of Lightrroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 9.10 for full compatibility...Please update the Camera Raw plug-in using the update tool available in the Photoshop help menu". I also have the option to "open anyway" or "cancel".  I have tried several options and none are working to get Camera Raw to open from Photoshop.

1. I have tried the Photoshop help menu and it takes me to the Adobe Creative Cloud app and Camera Raw is up to date. As a matter of fact I just had an update a week ago.  I am not finding an option to update it from the app.

2. I have tried "open anyway". It will take me to Photoshop and it merges the photos into one, but when it comes time for Photoshop to open the image in Camera Raw it won't and I get an error message.

I am assuming these are both the same issue and I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

• 1. Re: Lightroom is telling me it requires a plug-in to 9.10 for Camera Raw when it's up to date
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Assuming you have updated LR to 6.10 or 2015.10 and updated ACR plug-in to 9.10, then this is a known bug in the current version of Lightroom. You should be able to check the "do not ask again" checkbox and then click the "open any way" button and be good to go until Adobe fixes the erroneous message display.

• 2. Re: Lightroom is telling me it requires a plug-in to 9.10 for Camera Raw when it's up to date
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first message that you get indicating that you need an update is an error. This has been confirmed by Adobe. I am by no means an expert in HDR images. I have done a few. I understand the concept. It frustrates me. I don't do it a lot. But after reading your message a few times I went into Lightroom CC 2015.10 and selected for NEF files and chose the option to merge to HDR Pro and Photoshop. I got the message that you indicated and clicked the box to open anyway. Photoshop opened as expected and Photoshop proceeded to build the HDR image. The four images were "stacked" and then HDR Pro opened and allowed me to tweak the image. When I had done all that I felt that I could in HDR Pro I clicked OK and the image opened in Photoshop. As I understand it, this is the way it should work. I have also created an HDR image in Lightroom alone, as well as in Camera Raw alone. And both of those methods seemed to work as expected. I am using the current versions of Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw on a Windows 10 computer. What am I doing differently from you that I am not understanding from your workflow?

As far as the message indicating that you need to update your Camera Raw is concerned, that will be rectified in an upcoming update from Adobe.

1 person found this helpful