• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS6 portable

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people on Ebay are selling Dreamweaver CS6 Portable for less than $100.  Does Adobe even sell a portable version of Dreamweaver CS6?  I assume these are pirated copies, but I need to be sure before I load one on my PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the software is legitimate, I would not pay any money for it. It would be equivalent to purchasing Windows XP, it is an outdated software.

You are better off using Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple fact they are saying it is the portable version, would decide for me that purchasing the software would be a bad idea.

CS6 is an old version, and support for all of the css and javascript that has been introduced over the last 7 years, is not supported, (but then again Brackets and Dw 2017 is also missing a lot of them). Unless you know how to produce extensions to update code hinting, it is not recommended. The main new html5 elements though are mostly included, to a sufficient standard that the difference between cs6 and the latest Dw 2017 is negligible.

You would still be better advised to use a free open source editor, such as Brackets or visual studio code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to discontinuing sales of DW CS6 last year, Adobe was selling it online for $300.00 USD and then only to customers with old operating systems (Windows 7 and OSX 10.7 or older) since CS6 was never designed or certified to run on anything newer.

I've never heard of a "portable version" and Adobe didn't mentioned it on their site when purchasing DW CS6. It doesn't mean it never existed, but I find it difficult to believe that a portable version of something that was selling for $300 would now be available for 1/3 the price.

I wonder if it's another Volume License holder selling copies with their license code. Once Adobe finds those, they disable the VL# and all copies abruptly stop functioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe stopped selling Creative Suite products in Jan this year.  Creative Suite cannot be legally purchased from any agent, re-seller or country.  That's the official position.

I don't recall that Adobe ever made a "portable version" of CS6., whatever that means.  CS6 and CS5 before it were always desktop/laptop software requiring a supported operating system -- either Win or Mac.

Best advice:  Beware of eBay sellers' claims.  Chances are very high that this is bogus or worse, malware that could compromise your device.

Adobe Genuine software

"Adobe now runs validation tests and notifies people who are using non-genuine software. Our tests check for software tampering and invalid licenses.

If you've received a notification, that means the software on your machine isn't a genuine Adobe product. It isn't covered by a warranty or our support programs. And because it may not perform as we intended, it could pose risks to you and your work. "

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines