• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Serial Number not recognised

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open the copy of photoshop on my new computer. The Serial number was copied directly from my online adobe account and it still does not allow me to use the application. There seems to be no way of contacting Adobe directly and I find that they are denying me access to a product I have paid for. Any suggestions before sending in the lawyers?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

pauls44945942  wrote

The version of Photoshop is Adobe Creative Suite Premium version 2. Registered April 28 2006.

Im running MacOS 10.12.2 Sierra. The serial number is in my Adobe account and copied correctly

If CS2 is the accurate description of the version you are running, CS2 will not install or run on macOS Sierra at all. There are no workarounds.

CS2 is an ancient version of the software written for old Macs with PowerPC chips. Today's Intel-based processors cannot read PowerPC code so the sof

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pauls44945942

It is unfortunate that the serial number that you copied from your Adobe account is not letting you open Adobe Photoshop on your new computer.

In order to assist you appropriately, could you please share the OS version and the version of Adobe Photoshop that you are trying to install.

I would also request you to try the steps mentioned on this link- Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite and share the results. If it still persists, please share the screenshot of the error message (excluding serial number).

Awaiting your response.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy after removing the files and reinstalling. The screen still says that the serial number is invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Photoshop is Adobe Creative Suite Premium version 2. Registered April 28 2006.

Im running MacOS 10.12.2 Sierra. The serial number is in my Adobe account and copied correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pauls44945942,

As you have mentioned that you have a serial number for Adobe Creative Suite 2, I would recommend you to try the steps from this link: -Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products. It is a very old application and was never tested on MacOS 10.12.2 Sierra, so you may experience some unexpected behavior.

I would also recommend you to check out this link if you encounter issues while installing CS2 on macOS 10.12 Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).

Please share the results after trying these steps. In case you need further assistance, please share the serial number that you are using via private message.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pauls44945942  wrote

If CS2 is the accurate description of the version you are running, CS2 will not install or run on macOS Sierra at all. There are no workarounds.

CS2 is an ancient version of the software written for old Macs with PowerPC chips. Today's Intel-based processors cannot read PowerPC code so the software will not even install. I am not clear how you are getting to the serial number screen if you really are trying to install CS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines