• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer - Photo Downloader not connecting to devices?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Suddenly for the last two days my Elements Organizer 13 - Photo Downloader will not connect to either my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone or my Canon EOS 70d camera.

I can select the devices however I'm just getting the "connecting to device - please wait" message but nothings happening no matter how long I wait.

I'm running Windows 10 on PC, I've rebooted PC & phone but still wont work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this??

Thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EmHP

Thanks for posting on Adobe forums.

As I understand you are getting issues with Elements Organizer 13.

Could you please provide us the following information so that we can help you out?

- What is the OS / version?

- For how long have you been facing this issue

- How it behaved last time before getting this issue ? Did it crash or something abnormal ?

Regards,

Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply I really appreciate your assistance!

I hope this is the information you need

Elements is version 13.1

Windows 10 Home

Version: 1607

OS build: 14393.1066

I downloaded photos/videos on the 23rd April with no issues, since then I'm just getting the "connecting to device please wait" message

As far as I recall nothing unusual happen prior to it not connecting to my devices 

Thanx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets try this & see if it resolves the issue

Please Close the program first. Click on WINDOWS icon on the bottom left corner & Type %appdata% in the search bar. Go to the folder Adobe> Elements Organizer & rename the 13.0 folder to 13.0.old . Relaunch the program & see if that resolves your issue

Regards
Neeraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I really do appreciate your help!

I have updated as suggested and rebooted PC and have tried downloading from my phone and my camera but I'm still getting the "connecting to device - please wait" message 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi were you able to suggest any other solutions as I'm still having this issue thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emhp,

I understand you are facing issue in connecting your device with Adobe Organizer..

I request you to please create a new catalog for testing & check whether you are able to connect your device there or not.

There are 2 ways to create a new catalog :

Firstly,

- Open Adobe Organizer

- Click File

- Click Manage Catalog

- Click New

- Give a name to your new catalog

- Start importing your files into it

Secondly,

- Open Adobe Elements

- Hold "Ctrl" "Shift" "Alt" & Click "Adobe Organizer (Do not leave it)

- Hold the keys until you get "Catalog Manager"

Hope this works

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have over 100,000 photo's in my catalog do i need to import them all or should I just a select a folder to try? Also will all my name tags and key words copy over?? (it wouldn't be the first time I've lost them all which was a nightmare!)

Thanx again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EmHP,

Please create a new catalog by importing few pictures just for testing the issue. If your device is working in the new catalog then we can move towards a different direction.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool thanx have tried a new catalog and I'm still just getting the connecting to device please wait message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other suggestions as I still am having this issue?? Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Did you have any further suggestions to try and fix this on going issue?? Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As you are getting same issue with two different devices, please try a different cable to connect the devices to your computer. Also, you may try inserting the camera/ memory card directly to the computer (if it has a memory card slot) and check if the program detects the card.

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got similar problems, but only from Android smartphones on Windows 10. Same message. Sometimes I get another message from my phone asking if I agree to the download... but not always.

Whatever the reason, I agree with the above suggestion to use a card reader instead.

For downloading from my phone, I have stopped trying to download via cable or card reader. I use the 'share' options of my phone to send my files to DropBox, OneDrive or similar. The advantage is that once the photos are 'in the Cloud', I have both computers synced which automatically download the files. What is in the Cloud can be seen from any authorized device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion I do have my photo's going to Google photo's since having this issue but I'm unsure how to get them from Google Photo's back to my elements organizer - will google and see what I can find thanx again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion I am using different cables for my phone and my camera to connect to the PC and I've also purchased a 2nd phone cable to try but I'm still having the same issue :O( Unfortunately my card reader on the PC isn't working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

La cirugia laparoscopica en axa gastos médicos

mayores se beneficia del creative cloud alnintroducir al quirófano y en beneficio de paciente tecnología Adobe directamente en la impresión de reportes para Axa Directormío médico y Axa cirujano laparoscópica. Https://axa.cirugiageneralangelesmocel.com contiene los lee estos aplicados en nuestro grupo quirúrgico en convenio con Axa para beneficio de los pacientes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines