3 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2017 9:21 PM by pdwadobescreenmame

Roto Brush sticks on

pdwadobescreenmame

My roto brush sticks on.  When using it will work as expected and then get stuck on as if I am clicking and holding even though I am not.  So as I move the brush around it is continually painting.  When I then click, it acts as if I have now released the click, applies the selection and then goes back to the click on state.   The only way I have found to get out of this stuck on state is to move the cursor up to the menu bar select the pointer tool, painting all along the way.  

I have this problem with the Mac Trackpad, a Wacom tablet and another mouse/ keyboard combo.

Any ideas how to fix this?

• 1. Re: Roto Brush sticks on
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have not provided any exact system info or told us what version of AE you are referring to, so this is not of use to anyone. you have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Roto Brush sticks on
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Hi pdwadobescreenmame,

Are you still struggling with Roto Brush? Please let us know.

Thanks,
            Kevin

• 3. Re: Roto Brush sticks on
              pdwadobescreenmame Level 1

Yes.

I have moved on from that project and haven't been doing much with brush toolw recently.  So I opened that project to see what would happen and yes not a minute into using the roto brush it stuck on, as if the click to paint and release to stop painting were reversed.

It may have something to do with this particular project file.  I was trying to recreate the problem in a new project and could not get it to happen.

But in this original “problem” project it happens. 

The project is a simple 20 second 1920x1080 23.976 composition with two layers of 1920x1080 23.976 ProResHQ video.

I'm using

AE 14.2.0.198

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395x 4096 MB

Wacom 851 tablet, or the Apple touch pad, or a standard USB mouse

Paul