• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge cc 2017 on Mac Sierra, fails to even start. Any solutions?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all the forum fixes. Resetting preferences by the option/command/shift trick, opening up the "get info" panel and resetting the permissions. Nothing works.

As I can't open it, I can't do any fixes from within.

Bridge CS5.1 works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Hi ajcb,

As Bridge is not on your Mac, you can try this Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the software and reinstall it again Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Please elt us know if it works.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ajcb,

As Bridge is not on your Mac, you can try this Adobe Cleaner tool to remove the software and reinstall it again Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Please elt us know if it works.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil...

It worked! I reinstalled Bridge after running the cleaner, and it opened! However, Cleaner never gave me any visual indication it was working, never had a dialogue box that told me it was done, and never left a log in the place it said it would, so apart from the result, I can't be certain it wasn't just dumb luck. (ie: Cleaner could use a little interface design mojo)

AJCB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it started working for you AJCB, will pass your feedback to the relevant team know about the cleaner tool. Feel free to reach out to us for any future queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines