Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CORS issue while using Adobe Connect Web Services via JavaScript

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary of issue:

• I am not able to use Adobe Connect Web Services to manage my hosted Adobe Connect account/content from a different website using JavaScript.

Type of computer I use:

• Using Adobe Connect, hosted account
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • Browsers I tested with:
    • Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18638
    • Firefox 52.0.2
    • Google Chrome 57.0.2987.133

Steps I've already taken to troubleshoot:

• Attempted to perform simple "common-info" action using JavaScript, based on example on Adobe Connect's documentation
  • Scoured internet, Adobe documentation, forums, and YouTube on how to perform simple login web service example
  • Researched Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) which helped me build the XmlHttpRequest but I received "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" errors
  • Researched "Access-Control-Allow-Origin", but not sure how to add this header since I don't have access to Adobe server
  • Scoured the Adobe Connect admin interface for ways to add "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header but did not find anything that helped
  • Tested my JavaScript on both HTTP and HTTPS, as well as tried from 2 different web domains
  • Most, if not all, errors result in the following errors in the console:

Can someone pretty-please provide any help, guidance, or advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

So after much fumbling around I figured out a very solid solution to this problem which was to create HTML pages with embedded JavaScript and loading them onto the hosted Adobe Connect account "Content" folder, rather than trying to house the pages on another website.  For whatever reason I never thought to do it this way but it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after much fumbling around I figured out a very solid solution to this problem which was to create HTML pages with embedded JavaScript and loading them onto the hosted Adobe Connect account "Content" folder, rather than trying to house the pages on another website.  For whatever reason I never thought to do it this way but it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines