• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeGCClient.exe

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7. After my computer startup this morning it gave me an error message.

AdobeGCClient.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCP140dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Hi all,

The fix will be deployed within the next 24 hour window on user's machines. If you need an immediate fix then you may download  the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package 32bit (x86) version of runtime and install the same:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the exact same error message this morning when I booted my Win 7 x64 laptop.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several users, across several states, using both virtual and physical machines that are experiencing this issue on a consistent basis. I have also called Adobe Tech support and left a message (that was my only option as all tech support agents were busy at 8 AM EST) as well as sent an email to tech support. Looking for a prompt solution for this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue this morning.  I have found that if "OK" is clicked the error will disappear until the next PDF is opened.  Any news on this would be great.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Visual C++ do you have installed? If its not v14, you can download and install the latest from the site below. So far its worked on all the computers I've tested it with.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple end users also getting this error today.  Need an update from Adobe ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent a Tweet to Adobe Customer Care (@AdobeCare) with a screen shot of the error message and a link to this forum topic and quickly got this reply, "Hi Gary, I am looping in our expert team to help answer your question. Thanks! ^AJ."

Trying to get someone's attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have found that installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86) resolves this problem.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Possible explanation could be

With the June 2016 release of Adobe® Creative Cloud®, the applications have migrated to using Visual C++® 2015 runtimes from Microsoft®.

This change has been made to ensure that the Creative Cloud software is using runtimes that Microsoft is currently supporting.

With this migration, our latest version of Creative Cloud Apps will require that the VC 2015 runtimes have been installed on the system using the software in order to run correctly.

To resolve this issue, download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows from Microsoft.

Reference thread: Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing 

Let us know if that helps.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq -

Nope.  I went to the link you posted and downloaded the package specified for Windows 7 x64.  It downloaded a file called: Windows6.1-KB2999226-x64.msu

I ran it and got the message: Update for Windows (KB2999226) is already installed on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary_A and all, 

Would you please let us know the current version of Acrobat installed on your machines?

Also, the name and version of operating system on those machines.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this error on the following versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI:

We are also using Windows 7 64-bit and I have tried the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows, however, a pop-up message tells me that the update is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error for us, Have tried the Runtime update you suggested as well as the Visual C++ update without any luck.  Still getting the error on reboot and then every few minutes after.

We're running Adobe Acrobat XI Standard, both Dell OEM and VLS license versions, updated to current 11.0.20 version.

All workstations are on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Both seeing the pop-up error starting this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

I am running Adobe Acrobat Standard DC

2015 Release (Classic)

Version 2015.006.30306

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 Enterprise.

I've seen users on 11.0.16 and 11.0.17 have this issue so far but with 100's of users on Adobe guessing more to come.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient\AdobeGCClient.exe shows modified date of 4/19/2017 even though Adobe itself hasn't been installed or update in awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq -

I am running Adobe Acrobat XI Standard 11.0.20

I found that installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Official Microsoft Download Center fixed the problem for me.  IMPORTANT: if your PC is 64-bit, you need to download and install both versions, x86 AND x64.

My problem seems to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like that your solution has fixed my problem. I've opened up Adobe several times and rebooted my computer as well. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the fix proposed by Gary_A (installing both x64 and x86 versions of the) appears to have resolved the issue for several of the users who called in earlier to report this issue. I will continue to implement this fix for everyone who has called in with the hopes that they'll be good to go.

Of course, I'm wondering, along with everyone else, what in the world happened to cause this?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 11.0.20.  Installed Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x6), still having the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe X and am getting the following message:  AdobeGCliente.exe system error - The code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140.dllr ......  Others at my office experiencing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KB2999226 is already installed on my computer.  This did not resolve it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for AdobePro XI so no Creative Cloud installed and issue just started this morning.  Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable fixes the issue but why did this issue just start today?  Users have been fine for the past year without C++ 2015 until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tariq,

I downloaded this update. it said that I already had it on mu machine. And I looked it up and it's been on my computer since 10/14/2015. So this did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just to make verify, what with Webroot just a few days ago... Adobe today.... Am i correct in assuming that the concept of "testing before deploying to hundreds of thousands or millions of computers" has officially been deprecated and the policy of "update works in development, we'll test in full production, what could possibly go wrong"  is now in full affect in the development world?

I'd like to know for sure since, as a Managed Service Provider, it will help in managing client's expectations.

Thanks,

Valis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Win 7 64bit, multiple users,

In my case, I updated Acrobat last week.  In one case, I had to completely uninstall/clean and reinstall then update.

This is happening on both the reinstalled and updated install and also on the install that was just updated.

PDFs can still be created but error pops up.

Opening just distiller causes the error.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines